Results from the 4th fresh water kayak fishing competition of 2009/10
The 4th fresh water kayak fishing competition was a brilliant day on Saturday the 20th of Feb. Whoever could not make it on the Saturday joined on Sunday for a social fish.
Good old Roodeplaat proved difficult to fish and we only managed to get Barbel. There were many Bass and Kurper around but were not biting.
The official results:
1st. Brian 3 x barbel - 50 points
2nd. Reinhart 1 x barbel - 40 points
2nd. Gareth Low 1 x barbel - 30 points
All other entrants gain 5 appearance points .
Thanks to all who attended, it was a great day!
Look out for the big Loskop comp in March!
Loskop Kurper Bonanza, it is important for me to highlight the following for all kayakers:
Basic safety on any water is important and to enter this particular comp, all that is required is as follows:
2. Towing/anchor rope of 30m. (A 1.5kg anchor is all that is required)
3. A signalling device – i.e. cell phone in water proof bag, whistle which is normally attached to life jackets and or horn etc. Should anyone on a kayak be in need of support, they simply need to be able to communicate and create awareness. It would be a good idea for kayakers to fish in pairs or larger groups.
4. Paddles of course – lol.
5. At least 1 litre of water
6. A small first aid kit in case of cuts, abrasions and hook injuries.
7. Lastly – eye wear for uv protection and protection against snagged hooks that may come loose and shoot back into ones face.
That is all these guys need. I am sure that most if not all already have most of this equipment.
Please re send comms to all as this is a great comp and anyone on a kayak also stands a chance of winning the R200 000.00 boat and or many other great prizes. Persons fishing on kayaks have in my opinion a great and added chance of success due to the stealth factor.
Lets try get a crew of kayak fisherman together and take that big prize.
Please email if you would like to join.