Results from the 4th fresh water kayak fishing competition of 2009/10
The 4th fresh water kayak fishing competition was a brilliant day on Saturday the 20th of Feb. Whoever could not make it on the Saturday joined on Sunday for a social fish.
Good old Roodeplaat proved difficult to fish and we only managed to get Barbel. There were many Bass and Kurper around but were not biting.
The official results:
1st. Brian 3 x barbel - 50 points
2nd. Reinhart 1 x barbel - 40 points
2nd. Gareth Low 1 x barbel - 30 points
All other entrants gain 5 appearance points .
Thanks to all who attended, it was a great day!
Look out for the big Loskop comp in March!
Loskop Kurper Bonanza, it is important for me to highlight the following for all kayakers:
Basic safety on any water is important and to enter this particular comp, all that is required is as follows:
2. Towing/anchor rope of 30m. (A 1.5kg anchor is all that is required)
3. A signalling device i.e. cell phone in water proof bag, whistle which is normally attached to life jackets and or horn etc. Should anyone on a kayak be in need of support, they simply need to be able to communicate and create awareness. It would be a good idea for kayakers to fish in pairs or larger groups.
4. Paddles of course lol.
5. At least 1 litre of water
6. A small first aid kit in case of cuts, abrasions and hook injuries.
7. Lastly eye wear for uv protection and protection against snagged hooks that may come loose and shoot back into ones face.
That is all these guys need. I am sure that most if not all already have most of this equipment.
Please re send comms to all as this is a great comp and anyone on a kayak also stands a chance of winning the R200 000.00 boat and or many other great prizes. Persons fishing on kayaks have in my opinion a great and added chance of success due to the stealth factor.
Lets try get a crew of kayak fisherman together and take that big prize.
Please email if you would like to join.